I mentioned a few weeks ago that our family had started using a two week meal rotation this summer.
I picked out two full weeks of meals and then we rotated them for about 8 weeks.
It simplified my life so much, but had enough variety and was for a short enough time that we never got bored and the whole family loved it (all the details about how we make it work here).
We just transitioned to a new set of meals for September and October and I thought it’d be fun to share them here, since so many people had asked what the next rotation would look like.
Ella sat down with me and helped me pick out this set of meals and it’s fun to do a short enough period of time that you can do some seasonal eating.
Here’s what’s on our menu for this fall:
Fall Dinner Ideas
- Sweet Potato Tinfoil Tacos with salsa, guacamole, cheddar and sour cream and pineapple
- Chicken Thai Noodle Soup with naan bread and cantaloupe
- Sweet & Spicy Chili over polenta with grapes
- Spinach, Feta Chicken Meatballs with zoodles and fruit salad
- Homemade Pizza with green salad
- BBQ Salmon with roasted Brussels sprouts and dinner rolls
- Thai Curry over Rice and naan bread and peaches
- Cheeseburgers with chips and watermelon
- Chicken Tacos with pineapple and sautéed zucchini
- Tomato Soup with grilled cheese sandwiches and roasted broccoli
- French Dip Sandwiches with chips and strawberries
- Chicken Divan with green salad and roasted beets
One of the things I’ve liked most about this meal plan system is that when I spy a new recipe I want to try or remember an old favorite, I just jot it down and it’s ready for my next rotation in a few weeks. Putting this rotation together was MUCH faster than the last time because I already had at least half a dozen ideas in mind.
What is your family eating this fall? I’d love to hear!