A Day in the Life: Summer 2022 Edition

7:15 a.m. My alarm goes off (I’ve been in and out of sleep for the last 20 or so minutes). I turn it off and Bart and I talk quietly for a minute or two and then I get out of bed, brush my teeth, and put my workout clothes on.

7:30 a.m. In our home gym, I do an OpenFit class. I’m DYING by the end! I take my water bottle back upstairs with me to fill up and leave it by the stairs so I remember to take it back down to the gym fridge. Bart’s gone on a run, so I make the bed and then take a shower. While I’m getting ready, I film some sponsored Dime Beauty stories about their eyelash serum. Tally knocks on the door, all dressed and ready for the day, and comes in to chat while I finish up my hair and makeup. Bart gets home and visits with us for a few minutes while I wrap up and then he hops in the shower while Tally and I head to the kitchen for some breakfast.

8:45 a.m. I start my vegetables cooking for breakfast and while those sauté, I start a batch of pizza dough for tomorrow’s pizza night. Tally brings in Taco Cat Spelled Backward and sets it up while I cook, and then we sit down and play it together while I eat my breakfast. Ani comes in to the kitchen and watches us play, and Bart joins us as well, making Tally a bowl of oatmeal.

9:00 a.m. Two members of the Savvy team show up (they’re working with Bart today on some product development) and they visit with us around the kitchen table while Bart finishes up and then they head down to Bart’s office to work. Our nanny is out of town today, so I’ll be working less than normal, but I head into my office and post my Dime Beauty stories, post the day’s IG post to go along with my blog post and respond to DMs and emails.

10:00 a.m. I go back into the kitchen to do Tally’s hair and when she’s done, I call and make appointments for the girls to get their hair cut tomorrow. As soon as I hang up, I realize I double-booked it over the time I need to pick up Star at the airport coming home from Grancie Camp, so I call back and move them to the afternoon instead. I read some picture books aloud to the girls until the Alexa reminder goes off reminding me about Tally’s Savvy Reading class. I get her set up and then go back to my office and work on this weekend’s book deals post and start this post.

11:10 a.m. It’s time to take the girls to tumbling, so everyone loads into the car and we head out. I drop them off and then drive home, listening to Stanley Tucci’s book Taste. I get this post up to date, prep for some upcoming campaigns and then record a reel before I head back to get the girls.

12:25 p.m. When we get home, my sister Landen and her boys are waiting for us and we all head inside. Landen and I chat while I prep some lunch for my girls and me and then after lunch we move back to the living room where the kids play and Landen and I visit.

2:15 p.m. Landen heads out and I pick up the mail and sort it and then the girls want to do nails, so we all crowd in my bathroom and everyone gets a pedicure or a manicure. I go back to the living room and clean up the toys all the kids were playing with and send one child to their room to listen to an audiobook when they throw a tantrum about how they don’t like the dress I ordered for all the girls to wear to my brother’s wedding in a few weeks. The other girls are playing together, so I head in to my office to squeeze in a little work.

3:30 p.m. Bart heads out to take Jeremy to the airport and I finish up some Instastories about changes to Everyday Reading Book Club.

4:30 p.m. I sit down to work on a puzzle and listen to my audiobook, but within minutes, all three girls are sitting there with me and I turn off my audiobook and answer Ella’s endless questions from Disney quizzes to see exactly which Disney villain I am or which Disney sidekick would be best for me. I make some quick dinner (scrambled eggs and toast) and everyone sits down to eat before Bart gets home.

6:00 p.m. Bart comes home and the girls finish up their dinner and everyone puts on shoes so we can head out to the rodeo with some friends. It’s a great time with lots of treats and second dinner for everyone (thanks to our friends’ dad who keeps an endless stream of food coming) and although we thought we might leave early, we end up staying until the end at 10:00 p.m.

10:00 p.m. We pile back in the car and do family scripture reading and prayer on the 20 minute drive home, then everyone quickly gets in pjs, brushes their teeth and I tuck everyone in. I know I’m going to suffer a little tomorrow when swim team and my High Fitness class roll around at 7 a.m., but I’m glad we went!


all of my day in the life posts can be found here if you are interested!

if you liked this day in the life post, you might also like these other posts:

Similar Posts


  1. Hello! Thanks for sharing your day! I love seeing how other people schedule their lives. What do you plan to do with the end of OpenFit? Are you moving to BeachBody? I’ve loved OpenFit’s live classes and was so sad to see them go. Knowing class was starting at a fixed time definitely got me out of bed and moving!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *