Looking for a copy of this reading advent calendar? Pop in your email below and it’ll come right to your inbox!
I am SO THRILLED to release the Rad Reader Christmas Reading Advent Calendar today!
After the Summer Reading Calendar earlier this year, I had hundreds of requests for another one and I was over the moon when Tara from Rad & Happy agreed to work together to bring this kids advent calendar to life!
Kids Advent Calendar
Let me tell you a little bit about this coloring advent calendar printable.
- It’s completely free! You can download as many copies as you’d like for your personal use (pop in your email address at the bottom of this post and it’ll come right to your inbox).
- You can print it at whatever size you’d like! I have a personal preference for the 36×48 engineering print which costs less than $7 to print (instructions for printing engineer prints here). But it’s also really great at a 24×36 size (which is shown hanging on the wall in the photo above) or in an 18×24. You can even print it on a regular sheet of paper with your home printer!
- It’s the most epic coloring project of all time! You won’t believe how your child’s face lights up when you hand them some crayons or pencils or makers and a copy of this advent calendar printable – there are so many delightful details and it’s so much fun to color. You can color it all at once at the beginning of the month or do a bit every day as you read along!
- There is a reading activity every day from December 1 – December 24. Obviously the highlight of this Christmas advent calendar is reading daily with your children. At the bottom of the calendar there is a suggested activity for each day. You can do them in any order you’d like and later this week, I’ll be releasing reading lists to correspond with each themed day so you can find the perfect book to read with your child. Need a book about Santa? I’ll tell you 10 of my favorites. A book about snow? Lots of good options!
- The numbers 1-24 are hidden in the image. Can you find them all?
How to use your kids Christmas Advent Calendar
There is no right or wrong way to use this Christmas advent calendar!
A few suggestions:
Give it as a gift. If you add a new Christmas book to your collection each year roll up a copy of the printable advent calendar and tie it on top! (this also makes a perfect neighbor gift!).
Make one giant copy of the advent coloring calendar and let your children color it on a snow day leading up to December!
Have a coloring party! It’s not just for kids – adults can get in on the fun too. Plus, it’s surprisingly relaxing. Turn on some Christmas music and enjoy the together time. You can make one big one to work on together or print off smaller copies for each person. Bonus points if you pick up some fresh new crayons or pencils.
Use it as wrapping paper for a Christmas book. Or, once your family is done with it, use it to wrap those last few gifts on Christmas Eve – it’s no waste and your child will love seeing their coloring festooning a gift under the tree on Christmas morning!
Use it as holiday decor. This kids advent calendar is so fun and festive it makes for really beautiful holiday decor. Hang it somewhere your whole family can see it and be reminded to make reading a wonderful part of your holiday festivities!
Sign up to get the Advent Coloring Calendar
Ready for a free copy of the advent coloring calendar? Pop your email address in below and it’ll come right to your inbox so you can get printing!
I am SO thrilled with how it turned out and I can’t wait to see your families using it this holiday season.
Happy holiday reading!
Photos by Heather Mildenstein