My goal this year was 120 books, which means I need to read 30 books a quarter. First quarter down, and I’ve read 51 books. Clearly, I need a fourth job. Mostly, I’m just spurred on by Kayla’s challenge that she could read one more book this year than I do. Au contraire!
- A Solitary Blue – Cynthia Voigt
A nice quiet book to start the year
- Generation Dead – Daniel Waters
- It’s Like This, Cat – Emily Neville
- Repossessed – A. M. Jenkins
Funny! Great premise, but didn’t quite live up to it
- Milkweed – Jerry Spinelli
- The Underneath – Kathi Appelt
- Getting the Girl: A Guide to Private Investigation, Surveillance, and Cookery – Susan Juby
- Little Brother – Cory Doctorow
- Lock and Key – Sarah Dessen
- Love That Dog – Sharon Creech
- Trouble – Gary D. Schmidt
- Elijah of Buxton – Christopher Paul Curtis
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas – John Boyne
- I Know It’s Over – C. K. Kelly Martin
This book was . . . not very good.
- Perfect You – Elizabeth Scott
- Graceling – Kristin Cashore
- Wake – Lisa McMann
- How to Ditch Your Fairy – Justine Larbalestier
- Stealing Heaven – Elizabeth Scott
- Perfect Chemistry – Simone Elkeles
- How to Ruin a Summer Vacation – Simone Elkeles
- The Truth About Forever – Sarah Dessen
- Madapple – Christina Meldrum
- The Graveyard Book – Neil Gaiman
- This Lullaby – Sarah Dessen
- Bloom – Elizabeth Scott
- The London Eye Mystery – Siobhan Dowd
- A Step from Heaven – An Na
- Brooklyn Bridge – Karen Hesse
- Fade – Lisa McMann
- Jellicoe Road – Melina Marchetta
- All-American Girl – Meg Cabot
- Wintergirls – Laurie Halse Anderson
- Ten Cents a Dance – Christine Fletcher
- Just Listen – Sarah Dessen
- Someone Like You – Sarah Dessen
- North of Beautiful – Justina Ched Headley
I liked this, but not as much as everyone else in the blogosphere
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Jeff Kinney
- Taken by Storm – Angela Morrison
- Ways to Live Forever – Sally Nicholls
- Hate That Cat – Sharon Creech
Loved this one even more, possibly
- Impossible – Nancy Werlin
- That Summer – Sarah Dessen
- Dreamland – Sarah Dessen
Sad but so beautiful
- Kiss Me Kill Me – Lauren Henderson
- Something, Maybe – Elizabeth Scott
- Nation – Terry Pratchett
- Leaving Paradise – Simone Elkeles
- It Sucked and Then I Cried – Heather Armstrong
- Summer of the Swans – Betsy Byers
- Something Borrowed – Emily Griffin
Nice, but not noteworthy
This took me six months to read. Enough said.
Nice enough, but I do NOT understand the hype
Loved. So funny and smart.
Not my favorite of her books, but all the SD love started here
Love That Book
A bit of a slow start, but I ended up loving it
Adding a new conflict 20 pages before the end and resolving THAT does not resolve the main storyline
Oh brother. Eye rolling galore. Also, people keep reaching that post by googling “did his mom have an affair.” See! Not the only one who thought so!
I love Elizabeth Scott. Perfect YA romance fluff.
I still have such mixed feelings on this one
Every book a reader and all that. I was not the reader for this book.
Too swear-y to recommend, but I secretly loved it
I can’t think of a female character I have found more unlikable
Sa-WOON. Just go read this now.
Not a favorite. Too weird
Watery eyes at the end of this book
Third favorite SD book.
Aw, cute. Read it in one afternoon.
Great British narrator
Terrible on CD, not bad in book form
Better than “Out of the Dust,” which isn’t saying much
A hundred times better than Wake. Read in one night. Beware the swearing
Loved! Wade through the first 150 pages. Worth it!
My first Meg Cabot book. Forgetable.
Historical Fiction at its very finest
Had to stop listening to it on CD and read it because the narration was KILLING me. Seriously, the voice of Owen made me want to stab my eyes out.
Loved. Broke my dang heart
I’m sorry – booger jokes do not work for me
Surprisingly good. Thought the religion would be heavy-handed. Not so.
Sad, but in a “I’m trying too hard” kind of way. I have no heart.
A good read. Not the ten it could have been, though
My least favorite so far
No one told me this book ended in the middle of the story!
Cute and extremely quick
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.
This book was really good until the last five pages and then I was like “WHAT?! This ending is stupid.”
If you’ve read her blog, you’ve read this book.
Really, Newbery committe? Really?