This post is part of a compensated collaboration with Foodie.com. Bart collaborated with me on the dishes after dinner.
This year, our church meets at 1:00 p.m.
Which means Sunday is definitely a day to make dinner in the slow cooker (it also means that Ani is usually a complete disaster without her afternoon nap. But we won’t talk about that part). It’s much much better if we can get home and have dinner within thirty minutes or so.
And then we put our exhausted children to bed at 6:30, so I won’t say too many bad things about afternoon church.
This bbq pork salad was dinner last week, and it was excellent. (And I told you I wasn’t kidding about needing summer to arrive in a snappy manner).
slow cooker bbq pork salad
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Salad
This bbq pork salad is incredibly easy and excellent!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 15 minutes
- 1-2 lbs boneless pork ribs
- 1 8- oz can crushed pineapple don't drain
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 to matoes diced or sliced
- 2 cups of croutons I always make my own, see recipe link below
- Ranch dressing I made my standard recipe (see recipe link below) but used lime juice instead of lemon and added a few slices of jalapeno pepper to make it a bit spicy
- You could also add beans, corn, bacon, etc. . .the sky's the limit!
Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir to combine, and let cook on low for about 6-8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours).
When you're ready to make your salad, shred up the meat with two forks and let it soak in the liquid while you prep the salad ingredients.
Toss together the lettuce, avocado and tomatoes, top with the pork and sprinkle the croutons on top. Drizzle the ranch dressing over the whole thing and serve.
(adapted from here)
if you liked this bbq pork salad recipe, you might also like these other recipes:
- Chicken Quinoa Salad with Feta and Avocado
- Sloppy Joe Salad Bowls
- Candied Nut Spinach Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
Paige Flamm says
This looks super delicious! I think it's definitely going on next weeks menu plan!
Hohmann Family says
This.looks.a.mazing. I'm in a veggie mood, but seriously! Gotta do this next week! Bookmarking now.
um, we love your crockpot recipes. LOVE. White bean chili, Jalapeno chili, Pork and prunes, thai yellow curry….With every one my husband raves, I tell him where it comes from, and he waves his fist in the air with a "Janssen!" (in a 'that Janssen, she's done it again' sort of way)
I made this last night and it was great, thanks! It was the perfect way to use up pork that needed to make its way out of my freezer, get more salad in, and utilize the crock pot to let me take a nap before what I was (correctly) sure would be a late night at book club!
We made this for lunch today and it was really tasty. Thanks for sharing!! Hello from Raleigh. 🙂