This post is part of a compensated collaboration with Foodie.com. Bart collaborated with me on the dishes after dinner.
This year, our church meets at 1:00 p.m.
Which means Sunday is definitely a day to make dinner in the slow cooker (it also means that Ani is usually a complete disaster without her afternoon nap. But we won’t talk about that part). It’s much much better if we can get home and have dinner within thirty minutes or so.
And then we put our exhausted children to bed at 6:30, so I won’t say too many bad things about afternoon church.
This was dinner last week, and it was excellent. (And I told you I wasn’t kidding about needing summer to arrive in a snappy manner).
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 15 minutes
- 1-2 lbs boneless pork ribs
- 1 8- oz can crushed pineapple don't drain
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 to matoes diced or sliced
- 2 cups of croutons I always make my own, see recipe link below
- Ranch dressing I made my standard recipe (see recipe link below) but used lime juice instead of lemon and added a few slices of jalapeno pepper to make it a bit spicy
- You could also add beans, corn, bacon, etc. . .the sky's the limit!
Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir to combine, and let cook on low for about 6-8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours).
When you're ready to make your salad, shred up the meat with two forks and let it soak in the liquid while you prep the salad ingredients.
(adapted from here)