This is my solution that problem.
My favorite basic combination is:
- Candied Nuts (pecans or almonds are my favorite)
- A soft cheese (feta, blue, or goat)
- 1-2 fruits
- Homemade dressing
- 3 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
In a frying pan, melt the sugar over medium heat, stirring often, until it is liquid and light brown (don’t let it burn!). Pour the nuts in and stir thoroughly to coat, then immediately scrape them out onto a cutting board and let cool. Once they are cooled, break or chop the block of nuts into small pieces.
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- 5-6 strawberries about half a cup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
Put all ingredients in the blender and let mix until very well combined, about 1 minute.
(adapted from What's Cooking)