I’m still cooking with a vengeance, and oh, how Bart loves doing all the dishes I’m producing (I think).
New priorities are 1) at least three vegetarian meals a week and 2) two side dishes per meal, unless it’s soup and sandwiches.
- Homemade Pizza (I always use this crust recipe)
- Guacamole Salad I think Bart’s eyes rolled back in his head when he tasted this.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches. I accidentally over salted these. Tragic.
- Tomato Soup. I bought some “reduced produce” including uber cheap tomatoes which needed to be used quickly.
- Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes. I was going to make chicken pot pie, but then I realized I really wanted something sweet. These were so ridiculously delicious. I ate twice as many as I usually do.
- Lemon Fusilli with Arugula. Oh my word. I could have died, it was so good.
- Roasted Zucchini
- Corn and Bean Salad. Only so-so.
- Mozzarella, Tomato and Pesto Paninis. Yum. What’s not to like?
- Mint Pea Soup. I do not even LIKE peas, and I ate all the leftovers for lunch. Delish.
- Glazed Pork. This was the most tender pork I have ever eaten in my life. Not sure if it was the sauce or the meat or both.
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- Tomato/Mushroom/Crouton Salad with homemade ranch dressing
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole. I would never have picked this because, well, I break out in hives at the thought of that many processed ingredients, but Bart thought it looked amazing and it wasn’t bad.
- Steamed Broccoli
- Chicken Gyros. Just as good and as time-consuming as last time.
- Spinach, Pea, and Pesto Salad. I loved this. So crisp and cool and delicious.
- Maple Oatmeal Scones. I. . . have no words for how delicious these were. I am totally over my fear of making scones now, as these were pretty much the easiest thing ever.
I hope I never stop loving food. I’m not particularly worried, though.