baked chicken orzo
Baked Chicken Orzo with Lemon, Feta, and Dill
Delicious and full of flavor, this baked chicken orzo is one our whole family loves!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 1-2 chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil. Add the orzo, stir well, and remove from heat.
Stir in the chicken, lemon juice, dill, and feta. Stir to combine, then pour into a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes, until the liquid is mostly absorbed (it'll be a bit sloshy still, but will firm up as it cools).
Top with Parmesan cheese and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
(adapted from Everyday Food)
if you liked this chicken orzo recipe, you might also like these other recipes:
- Creamy Artichoke and Tomato Orzo
- Chicken Quinoa Salad with Feta and Avocado
- Fire-Roasted Mac & Cheese with Feta