Gifts are hard for me.
It’s pretty stressful for me to pick out the perfect gift for someone else and, frankly, it’s hard for me to come up with ideas for what I want (I dread it when my mom or Bart asks for a Christmas wish list each year).
I’m just not much of a shopper and I usually can’t think of anything I REALLY need.
But this year, I’ve made a bigger effort to keep a list of things that I’d really enjoy and get a lot of use out of.
Here are eight things on my Christmas wish list this year:
- Gold baking racks. Right after Ella was born, my grandmother came to visit and when she discovered I didn’t own any baking/cooling racks, she bought a set that afternoon. They made me feel like such a legit baker and I used them ALL the time. Finally, after seven years, they were super rusty and Bart threw them away. He bought a new set at the dollar store which were so cheap they started coming apart BEFORE I’D EVEN USED THEM. Also, they were so flimsy, that even a few muffins made them sag down and touch the counter. So time for a replacement. I love these pretty gold ones and the price is really good (although, obviously not dollar store good).
- Soap Dispenser. I am so tired of an ugly plastic dish soap bottle always sitting on my counter, so I’ve had my eye out for a new one. I’ve looked at dozens of them, and so far, this is probably my favorite.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Illustrated Edition. I’m not particularly a book collector, but having the first two illustrated editions of Harry Potter and not the third one just seems wrong to me. Plus, I’m reading it (a library version) with Ella right now and it’s so beautiful that I really want to own my own copy.
- Allbirds. I’m not much of an athletic shoe wearer except when I’m actually doing something athletic, but for some reason I am so into Allbirds. My first choice would be the natural white, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t really tempted by the lilacs too.
- Car Phone Mount. I got Bart a car phone holder last year for Christmas and every time I drive his car, I think “I need one of these!” This magnetic one looks amazing and gets killer reviews.
- Quilted Jacket. I haven’t gotten a new coat or jacket in a couple of years and although it doesn’t get VERY cold here, you do have about three months of the year that you need a jacket most days. I am kind of in love with this blush one (I also really like this affordable Target version, especially in the burgundy, but I ordered it for my birthday in an XS and it was still noticeably too big on me).
- A set of birthday dishes. At Thanksgiving, when we brought out our Wedgwood china, Bart mentioned he wanted to get a set of birthday china to use on each of our birthdays. I LOVE this idea and I’ve been looking around for a set that I’d love. I love these ones from Anthropologie as a more subtle option or this set that’s more vibrant, or this set somewhere in between.
- Gold flatware. I’ve had my eye on a set of gold flatware for years. I really love this modern set, and this Vera Wang collection is also gorgeous.
And here are a few things I’d love to find in my stocking:
- Book Darts. Because they’re so pretty and useful, which is my favorite combination. (This was one of the most popular items on my book lover’s gift guide this year!)
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Cashews. I first discovered these when my friend Jessica, who knows EVERY GOOD THING from Trader Joe’s bought these for one of our trips to the Outer Banks. And I’ve been obsessed ever since.
- Silicone Whisk. We have these ceramic coated pots and pans, so I use my silicone whisk constantly to keep from scraping them, but ours fell apart this year, so I need a replacement and this one is darn cute.
- Essie Gel Couture nail polish. I bought my first one of these earlier this year and I LOVE it. I’d love to get another color like this deep maroon (the one I currently own is this Fairy Tailor).
- Electronics Cleaning Brush. You guys, my keyboard is just so filthy. I need this. Also, you know you’re a boring adult when you really want a tool to clean your keyboard. And I’m okay with that.
I’d love to hear what’s on your Christmas wish list this year!