I shared a version of this recipe a few years ago, but it had some fussy steps in it, like freezing coconut milk into ice cubes (hello, person with too much time on her hands. . .).
Over the years, this chocolate peanut butter smoothie has remained a staple in our house, but I’ve simplified it so that I can make it without having to think ahead three or four hours.
Because, ain’t nobody got time for that around here.
chocolate peanut butter smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Quick, healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie when you really want something sweet without all the empty calories
- 1 large frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 T cocoa powder the kind you make hot chocolate with, so it's already sweetened
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup regular or almond milk
Place all ingredients in the blender with the lesser amount of milk.
Blend, adding milk as needed, until it's smooth and your desired consistency.
(adapted from A Beautiful Mess)
if you liked this chocolate peanut butter smoothie recipe, you might also like these other recipes:
- 3 Ingredient Raspberry Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Healthy No Bake Cookies (that are better than the regular version!)