I shared a version of this recipe a few years ago, but it had some fussy steps in it, like freezing coconut milk into ice cubes (hello, person with too much time on her hands. . .).
Over the years, this has remained a staple in our house, but I’ve simplified it so that I can make it without having to think ahead three or four hours.
Because, ain’t nobody got time for that around here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 large frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 T cocoa powder the kind you make hot chocolate with, so it's already sweetened
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup regular or almond milk
Place all ingredients in the blender with the lesser amount of milk.
Blend, adding milk as needed, until it's smooth and your desired consistency.
(adapted from A Beautiful Mess)