Julie tagged me to write six things about myself (stories, facts, habits, etc). So, here we go:
1) I LOVE magazines. I currently have four magazine subscriptions (Ensign, Martha Stewart Living, Newsweek, and Real Simple). I look forward to getting them in my mailbox and reading them as I eat breakfast, while dinner cooks, or whenever I have a bit of spare time. I am deeply saddened that my library doesn’t allow me to check out magazines, but there is another library only a few miles away that does. Last night, Bart and I went to the library to get Miracle on 34th Street (the excellent 1995 version) and I picked up six magazines to read over the next week or two. Hooray!
2) I absolutely love mayonnaise. I do not understand people who don’t like it. The idea of eating a sandwich without mayonnaise would be like eating a sandwich without bread would be for most people. My senior year of high school, I would take two slices of bread and put in two slices of ham and stick it all in a bag. Then, I’d get three packets of mayo in the cafeteria (and some mustard) and slather up my sandwich. It was delicious. My friends all made fun of me for eating so much mayo, but I didn’t care because they were oh so wrong. (I used to prefer Miracle Whip, but somewhere along the way I developed a taste for the real thing and now I can’t eat Miracle Whip – so fake tasting).
3) When I was a freshman in high school, I volunteered at an elementary school once a week. One time the teacher I worked with asked me to go make some copies and directed me to the nearest copy machine. Unfortunately, it was broken. Fortunately, I was resourceful and made my way to the front desk where I asked the receptionist where I could find a functional copier. She looked me up and down and said “Doesn’t Mrs. ____________ know that students aren’t allowed to use the copy machine?” Alas, she thought I (all 4’10 of me) was an elementary school student.
4) I don’t enjoy candy that is not chocolate for the most part. I don’t eat Skittles or Starbursts unless the circumstances are desperate. I avoid hard candy like the plague (except for butterscotches). It’s just not worth eating for me. Chocolate or death!
5) I am serious about my distaste for the cold. I really really love warm weather – it’s just so much easier to function when it’s not snowing outside and the roads aren’t all iced up. When we tell people that we moved to Texas because of the warm weather, we are not joking.
6) I’m addicted to my sunglasses now. As a kid, I couldn’t figure out how people could remember to wear them, since I never could, but now I’m fumbling for them the moment I step outside, even when it is overcast. My eyes have become extremely sensitive to the sunlight. Also, since my natural facial expression is squinting/frowning, I figure anything I can do to keep from squinting MORE and bringing on early wrinkles is a good thing.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but let me know if you do it and I’ll come check it out. Hooray for an easy post – NaBloPoMo is wearing me out.