We love peanut butter and jelly in this house. When Bart and I were both working in Boston, we packed PB&Js every day for lunch.
And, really, I never met anything with peanut butter I didn’t like.
Streusel on top? Have my first-born child.
By the way, I generally think banana bread gets less good the older it gets, but this one actually improves. I liked it the first night, but by the second night, I was a mega fan.
peanut butter and jelly banana bread
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread
This peanut butter and jelly banana bread gets better and better each day!
- 1 cup white wheat flour or half wheat, half all-purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 bananas very ripe, mashed
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or any flavor that strikes your fancy
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons quick oats
- 3 Tablespooons chopped peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two mini loaf pans.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the egg and beat for another minute. Add the peanut butter and bananas, and mix until combined.
Fold in the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
Pour into the two pans. Drop the jam on top of the batter in a few large dots and swirl gently with a knife or fork.
Mix the streusel ingredients together until well-combined and crumble over the tops of the loaves.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly and the bread is starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
Let cool, then remove and eat (obviously).
(adapted from Better Homes & Gardens)
if you liked this peanut butter and jelly banana bread, you might also like these other banana bread recipes:
- Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread
- My Very Favorite Banana Bread
- Banana Muffins: An Easy Recipe You’ll Love