Bart likes what he likes when it comes to his wardrobe.
He wears the same things over and over again and if you took a photo of him every day for six months, you probably wouldn’t be able to tell a difference in his outfits except that the color of his shirt or pants might change.
Recently, he told me that his goal is a two minute wardrobe – he wants to be able to get dressed every morning in less than two minutes and know he’ll feel comfortable and put together the whole day.
Here are the closet staples that have earned a spot in his wardrobe:
casual clothes for men
- TWILL JOGGERS. If you’ve been here for five seconds, you know Bart LOVES these joggers and wears them every single day, summer and winter. I think he probably has ten pairs at this point (the Black are his favorite, but he also has them in Navy and Tobacco colors). They’re about $20 (sometimes as low as $17 or $18) and are super comfortable.
- TRUE CLASSIC TEES. Bart got rid of almost all his other tees last year after trying True Classic tees and now wears one most days. He likes both the long sleeve and short sleeve versions (both in the crew neck style).
- THERMAL LONG SLEEVE TEE. Pretty much the only other casual tee that Bart wears is a thermal (or waffle knit) long-sleeve tee. He has a white and a black and a navy one and I always know the weather is getting cold when he starts adding these to the rotation again.
- CASHMERE HOODIES. In the winter, Bart wears one of these literally every day (I bought him one for Christmas last year and then two more this year). They’re so soft and cozy and look great dressed up or dressed down. He has the black, the Fjord blue, and the charcoal.
- PUMA SOCKS. During the summer, Bart wears Puma ankle socks with his shoes and when it starts getting cool, he switches to these longer crew socks.
- NIKE FREE SNEAKERS. Bart bought his first pair of these five years ago and has been loyal to them ever since. He has the gray ones, white ones, black ones, and navy blue ones. (He tried the newer version of these shoes and when they came, we both agreed they were quite ugly and looked like giant duck feet. Quick return on those. Stick to the 2018 version).
Any questions about Bart’s wardrobe? I’m happy to share any other details you’d like to know!
Do you hand wash the cashmere hoodies?
Janssen Bradshaw says
No – I just toss them in the wash and then lay them flat to dry