Nothing is better for me than cooking after a long vacation. It just fills my nerdy soul with joy to have a full fridge and a menu plan.
The dishes, however, are less thrilling to me. But that’s what Bart is for.
- Grilled Peach Pizza – a little different, but quite good. Bart, especially, loved it.
- Roasted asparagus (Ella blew my mind by scarfing down the asparagus. I guess she didn’t get the memo that this isn’t a normal toddler food).
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Soup – Oh my word, this was amazing.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Very mediocre peaches and excellent strawberries (feel free to substitute good peaches)
- Zucchini & Chicken Enchiladas – these were a lot of work. But also really tasty and used up a lot of vegetables.
- Guacamole Salad
- Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Lasagna – I was a bit dubious about this recipe, but I found a bag of squash in my freezer from months ago and figured I’d just go for it. It was FANTASTIC.
- Sauteed zucchini
- Chicken and Tomato Orzo Pasta – Bart hates cooked peppers (and they aren’t my favorite either) so I always use tomatoes instead.
- Green salad with avocado, croutons, and homemade ranch dressing
- Mixed Fruit Plate