Here are the activities I’ve picked out for our advent calendar this year. There are a lot of easy, small projects because Ella loves doing “art projects,” and I thought they’d be fun for her to do a couple of them with my mom while she’s out here helping with the new baby, but I didn’t want anything too complicated or expensive (aka, something I won’t be willing to recycle after Christmas).
I also threw in a few games, one movie, and a few projects that will involve the baby.
Also, Grandparents? The ones that have to do with you, pretend to be surprised when they happen. Many thanks.
I bought and assembled all the supplies earlier this month so that every activity is ready for the day of (you can only imagine the pile of STUFF that is currently occupying the top of my dryer).
- Make bracelets for grandmas
- Make paper snowflakes
- Button cards to send to great-grandparents
- Cinnamon Ornaments
- Make a giant snowflake
- Don’t Eat Pete!
- Thumb Prints art project
- Handprint ornaments of Ella and the baby
- Call grandparents and sing Jingle Bells
- Watch “How the Grinch Stole Christmas“
- Make a Christmas tree forest
- Make peppermint wreaths
- Make bird feeders
- Christmas Feet Reindeer
- Make orange and clove pomanders
- Make muffins for friends
- Play Christmas Memory
- Hide objects in a stocking – make her guess by touch
- Decorate cardboard gingerbread men
- Plant a little herb pot
- Button ornament wreath
- Nativity Magnets
- Make a snowglobe
- Make a Christmas Village