You guys seriously never fail.
And I think the recommendations on Monday’s post were the best they’ve ever been in all the years I’ve been doing this series (since 2009!). There were so many good suggestions, plus mini descriptions of them that made them all sound so appealing.
I requested at least twenty or thirty titles from my library and now I need to start doing some arm workouts so I’m strong enough to carry my library haul next week.
I’d love it if you read along too.
P.S. Some of the suggestions were for books I’ve already read (and I’ve reviewed some of them too, if you want to see what I thought!):
- When Breath Becomes Air (review here)
- Navigating Early
- The Wednesday Wars (review here)
- The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country (reading this right now!)
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis (review here)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone (review here)
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics
- The Hiding Place
- Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person
- The War that Saved My Life (review here)
- The Sun is Also a Star
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
- Anne of Green Gables
- The Nightingale (review here)
- The Burning Sky