A year or so ago, I did a post about our favorite Yoto cards, broken down by age.
Since then, as the Yoto Player Card library gets bigger and my girls have grown up a bit, I’ve had many requests for an updated list.
I had each of my four kids select five current favorite cards and they’re all listed below, broken down by age. I hope it helps you decide which Yoto player cards might be hits with your kids!
FAVORITE YOTO Player CARDS
ELLA’S FAVORITE YOTO Player CARDS (AGE 12)
- Kid Nuz Podcast. Ella loves this podcast and originally we had made a podcast card for it, but now you can get one directly from the Yoto card store! It automatically updates with new episodes if you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. Ella knew the title of this classic but didn’t know the story so this Yoto card was the perfect intro to this beloved story with an excellent audio production.
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman. This creepy story is perfect for Halloween, but really fun all year long. Like many Neil Gaiman books, it definitely has some weirdness!
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan. Ella’s class was reading immigration stories and so she loved listening to this audiobook that went right along with what they were studying in class.
- Geronimo Stilton Collection. My girls have been Geronimo Stilton fans for years and years so I wasn’t surprised to see it show up on Ella’s list (it’ll show up again later on!).
Ani’S FAVORITE YOTO Player CARDS (AGE 10)
- BrainBots: The Human Body collection. Last time we did a post about our favorite Yoto Player cards, Ani picked the BrainBots – Biggest Ideas Collection, so it’s no shock to see this newest BrainBots collection make the cut this time. She’s a non-fiction lover through and through!
- Horrible Histories Collection. This is labeled Volume 1 which means Ani is very hopeful that a Volume 2 is coming at some point.
- KIDZ BOP All-Time Greatest Hits. Ani loves listening to music and it’s fun to walk past her room and hear this card playing on her Yoto! We have most of the other Kidz Bop cars too.
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This classic has been a favorite with several of my girls (Ella included it in the last post about favorite Yoto cards).
- The Geronimo Stilton Collection. And. . .here it is. Ani also LOVES this collection.
star’S FAVORITE YOTO Player CARDS (AGE 8)
- The Chicken Squad Collection by Doreen Cronin. I was SO HAPPY when they added this collection to the Yoto Player card library and it’s been listened to many times by both of my little girls. At around 30-40 minutes per card, they’re a perfect chapter book for kids just getting the hang of longer books.
- Poems Out Loud. When I bought this poetry card it was a little bit aspirational – would my kids even listen to a poetry card? You can imagine my delight when, unprompted, Star chose it as a top five favorite Yoto Player card!
- The Fairytale Hairdresser. My girls can’t get enough of fairy tales and there are a bunch of collections on Yoto – this one is a good one!
- Ladybird Audio Adventures: The Animal Kingdom. We have LOTS OF the Ladybird Audio Adventures and they’ve been a hit with everyone at our house (I’m so happy they just released Volume 5!).
- Henry and the Clubhouse by Beverly Cleary. We’ve gotten more mileage out of the Beverly Cleary cards than probably any other Yoto cards we own – they’re just so terrific and perfect for repeat listening.
tally’s FAVORITE YOTO Player CARDS (AGE 6)
- Frog and Toad Audio Collection by Arnold Lobel. These were some of the first audiobooks Tally ever listened to, back before I’d even heard of a Yoto Player, and they continue to be some of the stories she most loves returning to. Arnold Lobel’s reading is just so excellent.
- Funnybones: The Collection by Allan Ahlberg. A short story collection is perfect for young listeners and this silly set is A+.
- Hotel Flamingo Collection by Alex Milway. This collection is WILDLY popular at our house and all my girls have listened to it many many times. Definitely worth the price.
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. My girls watched the movie version a few months ago and that’s popped this card back to the top of the rotation!
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. This full cast production led by Meryl Streep is not to be missed – just when you thought this beloved story couldn’t get any better!
I’d love to hear which Yoto cards have been a hit at your house! Let me know in the comments so other readers can benefit as well!