1. Chicken Gyros: This was one of the first recipes I made from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe and I was an instant convert. It’s a fairly involved recipe, but nothing is hard, and it’s so ridiculously good. Worth the effort every time.
2. Chicken & Zucchini Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce: I’ve made this a bunch of times, most recently when my mom was down a week ago for Ella’s birthday. I love how many vegetables it crams in there. And the sauce? I could drink it straight.
3. Double Chocolate M&M Cookies: Next to the best ever chocolate chip cookies, these are my all-time favorite cookies. We made these for Ella’s birthday, and then Bart and I ate the rest of them after the girls went to bed, like the awesome parents we are. Also, is it immature to love cookies with M&Ms? I guess I’m a five-year-old for life.Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Two Cheeses: A few years ago, we were making this all the time, but then I kind of forgot about it until this last week. And now I’ve been eating it non-stop for three days. Perfect summertime pasta.
4. Healthy Orange Julius: I did this recipe for Spoonful months and months and months ago (did I ever mention that Spoonful shut down? I haven’t been writing over there for a few months now and I’m not complaining about the extra free time I have on my hands to do important things like play Uno with Ella and Ani). I’ve always loved an Orange Julius, but I don’t like that they are basically straight sugar. This one has no added sugar, but it’s just as creamy and sweet as the original, I think. Best afternoon snack in the summer.
5. Stove-Top Kettle Corn: I don’t really love kettle corn but Bart LOVES it. And then whenever I make this, I’m all “well . . . I guess I’ll have a LITTLE.” And then I eat half the bowl. Super simple and better than any store-bought kettle corn I’ve ever had.
6. Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Two Cheeses: A few years ago, we were making this all the time, but then I kind of forgot about it until this last week. And now I’ve been eating it non-stop for three days. Perfect summertime pasta.
(P.S. More recommended recipes!)