1. Chicken Gyros: This was one of the first recipes I made from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe and I was an instant convert. It’s a fairly involved recipe, but nothing is hard, and it’s so ridiculously good. Worth the effort every time.
2. Chicken & Zucchini Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce: I’ve made this a bunch of times, most recently when my mom was down a week ago for Ella’s birthday. I love how many vegetables it crams in there. And the sauce? I could drink it straight.
3. Double Chocolate M&M Cookies: Next to the best ever chocolate chip cookies, these are my all-time favorite cookies. We made these for Ella’s birthday, and then Bart and I ate the rest of them after the girls went to bed, like the awesome parents we are. Also, is it immature to love cookies with M&Ms? I guess I’m a five-year-old for life.Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Two Cheeses: A few years ago, we were making this all the time, but then I kind of forgot about it until this last week. And now I’ve been eating it non-stop for three days. Perfect summertime pasta.
4. Healthy Orange Julius: I did this recipe for Spoonful months and months and months ago (did I ever mention that Spoonful shut down? I haven’t been writing over there for a few months now and I’m not complaining about the extra free time I have on my hands to do important things like play Uno with Ella and Ani). I’ve always loved an Orange Julius, but I don’t like that they are basically straight sugar. This one has no added sugar, but it’s just as creamy and sweet as the original, I think. Best afternoon snack in the summer.
5. Stove-Top Kettle Corn: I don’t really love kettle corn but Bart LOVES it. And then whenever I make this, I’m all “well . . . I guess I’ll have a LITTLE.” And then I eat half the bowl. Super simple and better than any store-bought kettle corn I’ve ever had.
6. Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Two Cheeses: A few years ago, we were making this all the time, but then I kind of forgot about it until this last week. And now I’ve been eating it non-stop for three days. Perfect summertime pasta.
(P.S. More recommended recipes!)
What do you mean that Spoonful shut down? They seem to be up and running.
They stopped updating content there and I think eventually everything will be moved over to other sites.
Now I'm hungry! 🙂 I've been trying to add some variety to our meals by trying new recipes from Pinterest. I think we'll be trying quite a few of your recipes. They look so yummy! One of the recipes up this week is crock pot chicken gyros. I'm curious how they compare to your recipe.
Mari Reads says
Thanks. They all look so yummy.
Stephanie Kastelan says
OK, my girls officially love you even though they've never met you! We tried the kettle corn and orange Julius recipes last night and inhaled both. Thanks for sharing! We'll have to check out your other recipes.
ooh I made green chile enchiladas last week and want to add zucchinis next time!
I always love your recommendations. My mom has even started making the Halal Cart Style Chicken.
Thanks for working on my meal plan for next week for me!