- This plum, marscapone and gingersnap tart I made for bookclub. I was ridiculously proud of it. And it tasted fantastic too.
- Actually carving a pumpkin this year (even if we did postpone until the afternoon of Halloween).
- The big stack of Chick-fil-A coupons we got for free breakfast entrees – we definitely had several weekend breakfasts there which we paid zero dollars for.
- A couple of legitimately cool days where I could wear boots and a scarf and not feel like a moron.
- Garage sales! This is one of our favorite family activities on a Saturday morning and we purchased the bulk of Ella’s Christmas gifts a couple of weeks ago for a whopping $7.
- The annual Chalk Walk our city holds – this year we bought a square for three dollars and let Ella go to town.
- The birth of Merrick’s beautiful new baby. Hurts my heart to think about how long it will likely be before I meet him myself.
- Ella’s new phrase, “You not know what I talking bout?”
- Walking a four mile loop with several friends a couple of times a week in the morning. Ella is pretty well-behaved in the stroller (especially if I pack a little stack of books), and it’s nice to enjoy the gorgeous weather and do something physical that isn’t running.
Can you explain a little more about the Chalk Walk? I've never heard of something like that and I'm intrigued…
You not know what I talking about? Those phrases are just adorable.
I love garage sales! And I love that you bring your little girl and go walking in the mornings. You make me want to be a mom. 🙂
I'm going to miss Texas garage sales, for sure! Question: Why does Merrick look like a supermodel in the hospital after having a baby? What?! Do you look like that too, Janssen? No pressure or anything 🙂