Have you ever entered any Goodreads giveaways?
I’ve been surprised by how often someone mentions to me on Instagram that they’ve won a specific book through the Goodreads giveaways.
If you’re looking for a simple way to get a free book or two, it’s worth entering because these Goodreads Giveaways couldn’t be simpler!
First, two things to know about Goodreads Giveaways:
- These giveaways are sponsored by the publisher or the author – they choose to host a Goodreads giveaway.
- You can always see all the giveaways on Goodreads at their Giveaway page here.
Here’s how a Goodreads Giveway works:
- On the Giveaway page, find a book you want to enter the giveaway for (and sometimes, Goodreads will recommend a giveaway to you – I periodically get emails from Goodreads telling me there is a giveaway for a book I’ve shelved).
- It’ll tell you the dates of the giveaway, how many copies they’re giving away (and if they’re print or other format copies), and how many people have entered the giveaway, plus what countries they’ll ship winning copies to.
- Press the “Enter Giveaway” button and it’ll take you to a screen where you enter your shipping address.
- Then you accept the terms and conditions, and you’re entered!
- As part of the giveaway, the book will be added to your “to read” shelf on Goodreads.
And then if you win, they’ll notify you and send the book your way. Hooray!
I highly recommend that you filter by “Popular” when you look at the giveaways because often when you don’t, you’ll get a whole bunch of random ones at the top.
Of course, the most popular giveaways also tend to have the most entries so your odds of winning go down.
You can also push the Filter button at the top of the Giveaways page and it’ll let you choose if you’re only interested in Kindle or Print books and also narrow by genres.
And if you do win a Goodreads giveaway, I hope you’ll send me a note or leave a comment and let me know what you won!