Last night, I got home from a seven day trip to Vegas. It was glorious.
– I went to H&M with my mom (Dear H&M, Please open some stores in Texas. Love, Janssen. Dear H&M, For the love of all my money, please do not open some stores in Texas. Love, Bart).
– There were many trips for frozen yogurt.
– We went up to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City and saw Cyrano de Bergerac and The Taming of the Shrew. They were both unbelievably good.
– Merrick and Philip met us in Cedar City where we broke up the play-viewing with major birthday celebrating.
– Kayla and Wes came down for two days for Mini BlogHer and we had a blast. Check out Kayla’s hilarious post. Also, we managed to make it a whole two days without stealing her baby. So all her friends who doubted her judgement in bringing him to meet an Internet stranger can rest easy.
– On the way home, I sat by a high school kid who kept trying to flirt with me even after I told him I was 1) married and 2) seven years older than him. My favorite part was when he told me that this was the second time that day he’d tried to talk to a girl who’d turned out to be way older than him. The first time, just as he was about to go over and say hi, a little boy ran up to her shouting “Mommy! Mommy!” Some people are just born awkward.
And, as great it is to be home and see Bart again, I wish this trip wasn’t over. Bart needs to look for post-graduation jobs in Vegas.
Science Teacher Mommy says
Some people are just born awkward. Bwahahaha!
I went to H&M whilst in SF – and somehow, I made it out of there for UNDER $100. An H&M Miracle!
La Petite Chic says
It sounds like a fabulous trip! I am starting to get into H&M clothing because the classic pieces and low prices are just too good to resist.
Mike Muir says
hope you guys are doing well!
Tell Bart that I really miss him at Dell. Our new rep is a retard.
sounds like fun! i love that you are getting hit on by a high school student 😉 i wish that i had that problem!
Natasha @ Maw Books says
Sound like you had a great time! My husband was in Las Vegas over the weekend for a co-workers wedding. I had no desire to take my kids into that kind of heat. And what's H&M?
Also, guess what? You've won my Frank McCourt contest. I'll need you to send me a snail mail and I'll get the books sent out. Congrats!
I've been to H&M twice in the last few weeks. Is it just me or did their prices get tons higher? I miss the good ol' days…
Janssen, if you weren’t so impossibly cute and 17-year-old-esque, you’d probably meet fewer awkward teenagers!
Well. Seems as though
you had quite an amazing
H&M is greattt. Woo.
And I totally love
the high school student
hitting on you.
I’m glad you had such a good trip! Welcome back!
I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS AN H&M IN VEGAS. I'M GOING TO HAVE TO HIT THAT UP ON MY NEXT VISIT TO SEE ALEX'S FAMILY. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BOOKS?