1. Pink Lady Cake: For months before her birthday, Ella told me that she wanted a strawberry cake and so, when her birthday rolled around, this is the one I made. I’ve been wanting to make this cake since I first saw it on Smitten Kitchen in 2008 and it was everything I’d hoped for. Also, I thirded the recipe because I didn’t need that much cake.
2. Roasted Sweet Potato Chicken Quinoa Salad: I made this when my parents were visiting for Labor Day and it was amazing. There are a couple of dressing options, but the maple bacon one sounded the best to me. I didn’t have bacon olive oil, so I just used regular olive oil and tossed in a few slices of cooked bacon. It was delish.
3. Easy Banana Muffins: I posted this recipe last December and it almost immediately became the single most popular post on my blog, out of the 2000+ posts I have here. And I can’t blame anyone – these are seriously the easiest, best muffins ever.
4. Tuscan Chicken and Quinoa Soup: I’ve made this soup a couple of times over the past year and every time I wonder if it’ll be as good as I remember. And it always is. Perfect cool weather dinner. Also, I never use a whole chicken – I just use one chicken breast.
5. Smoked Salt Potato Salad: I got this recipe from a Raw Spice Box subscription and was all “how exciting can a potato salad be?” You guys, this was AMAZING. It was absolutely the best potato salad I’ve ever had. I’d never had smoked salt before, but I was immediately looking it up online (you can buy it on Amazon for a few dollars).
6. Coconut Curry Noodle Soup: This is one of those recipes that really tastes like something you’d order at a restaurant. And isn’t that always the goal of dinner?
P.S. Other recommended recipes here.