Summer is well under way for us now and we’re getting into the full summer fun groove.
Bart and I declared this our summer of enjoying all the great things about living in Utah, where summer really does feel magical. Last year felt a little (lot) chaotic with our house renovation and moving, so this year it feels great that we are settled and can just enjoy the summer.
Here are some of the things that are on the docket for us this summer:
Our 2022 Summer Plans
- Become a better runner. I’ve been the wimpiest runner for so so long and I’ve finally decided that I’m just tired of it. This summer is the time to build up my endurance and start being able to run more than a mile. I’m weirdly excited about this goal!
- A couple of reservoir visits. There are several gorgeous reservoirs near us (and we found out that we could rent baby kayaks for really inexpensively), so I want to take advantage of those. The girls LOVE when we have a day in the sand and water and it’s silly not to take advantage of it more.
- Three Grancie Camps. Star just finished first grade which makes her eligible for her first summer at Grancie Camp (a couple of days at my parents’ house with a cousin) and all three girls are so excited. They’ll each go a different week this summer and it’s for sure a highlight of the year for them.
- A Wedding! My brother is getting married this summer and we are all beside ourselves with excitement. His delightful bride-to-be asked my girls to be flower girls so I need to figure out dresses for them. And for me.
- Outdoor movies. We snuck a few outdoor movies in last summer after we moved into our new house (details about our outdoor movie setup here) and we can’t wait to have lots more movie nights this summer.
- Savvy Reading. The three younger girls will all be doing Savvy Reading classes during the summer – both Star and Ani asked to restart during the summer and Tally has been making incredible progress this spring and I can’t wait to see her keep improving.
- Swim team for Ani and Star. Ani, Star and Ella all did swim team last summer and Ella had no interest in doing it again, but the two middle girls were delighted to sign back up this summer. It’s a nice way to start the day and they get SO much better with all that practice.
- Lots of Pickleball. Our rec center opened up some outdoor pickleball courts and Bart and I are trying to take advantage of them as much as we possibly can this summer – it’s one of our favorite activities together and with other friends.
- Water Park Passes. Last summer we got water pack passes and we went multiple times a week the whole summer long. It was so simple and so fun, especially on scorching hot days! We knew from the get go we’d be doing this again.
- Bike riding. All the girls now ride two-wheelers well and I’m looking forward to both neighborhood rides and longer rides up the canyon this summer.
What’s on your summer agenda? I’d love to hear!