Here are the 100 things I hope to do this summer.
I kid, of course. More like. . .ten things. Summer doesn’t make me feel overly ambitious.
things to do this summer
- Read 30 books on my own. This basically means not staying up so late wasting time online. (By the way, I read the first few pages of The Intern’s Handbook and there was so much swearing and crassness that I swapped it out for a new book for my Summer Tell Me What to Read. You can see the new choice for June here).
- Make myself a dress. (Saw this dress at Anthropologie yesterday and thought, “I could make that.” And for a looooot less than $170)
- Have Pink Box Doughnuts. Somehow I’ve never been. This is so wrong.
- Figure out some form of exercise this summer and do it consistently (aren’t goals supposed to be concrete and measurable? I’m doing a bang-up job, obviously).
- Read all the Caldecott winners and honor books with Ella this summer (if you want the formatted 14-page list, you can print it off here).
- Visit the Bellagio with the girls.
- See a show with Bart. No idea what or where that show will be, but we had such a delightful time going to see Home Free in Utah, that I’m determined to go again.
- Go golfing with Bart. Preferably night golfing, so it’s not one million degrees.
- Makes s’mores in the backyard fire pit.
- Go bike riding with the girls in the trailer (super excited that my parents have a bike trailer).