If you have an Audible membership, you likely primarily buy your audiobooks with your monthly credits.
But sometimes, it’s much cheaper to buy an audiobook WITHOUT using a credit (for instance, if your credits cost you $14.99 a month and a specific audiobook costs $7, it’s likely in your best interests to pay for it with cash and save your Audible credit for a more expensive audiobook).
Or maybe you don’t have an Audible membership but you do want to take advantage of snatching up a good audiobook deal here and there.
The excellent news is that it’s possible to do both of those things!
First, here are a few things to know about buying books on Audible:
- You can buy Audible books through Amazon’s site or Audible’s site and they’ll both show up in your Audible app, ready to listen to.
- You can NOT buy Audible audiobooks with cash in the Audible app or the Amazon app. You can still do it on your phone, it’ll just need to be on the websites, not the app.
- You do NOT need to have an Audible membership to buy audiobooks, although, sometimes it’ll be less expensive if you have an Audible membership).
- Any Audible audiobook you purchase with cash or credit is yours forever, even if you cancel your Audible membership (note that this is NOT the case for Audible Plus titles which are like Netflix shows – you have access while you have an active membership, but NOT once you cancel and your membership ends).
Here’s what it’ll look like to buy an Audible book on the Audible site:
On the Audible site, find the book you’re looking for and choose “Add to Cart.”
At check out, it will give you the option to choose a credit or cash to pay for it – select the cash option and proceed to checkout.
And here’s what it looks like to buy an Audible book on the Amazon site:
- Find the book you want to buy and make sure you’ve chosen the audiobook format
- Amazon will default to wanting you to either sign up for an Audible membership or use one of your credits, but below that will be the option to buy the Audible book with cash. Select that and check out!
Any other questions about how to buy books on Audible? I’m happy to help troubleshoot!
Thanks! Do you know if you can convert audible content to yoto cards?
Janssen Bradshaw says
Not without violating the terms of service and risking your account being shut down and losing all your audiobooks
Doesn’t sound worth it 😂 Thanks for the response!