I’m always happy when Friday rolls around, but today I’m feeling especially glad that it’s Friday. I can’t even pinpoint why this week has felt so busy, exactly, but every day has just raced by and I’m suddenly scrambling to get Ella to bed on time. We have a few fun plans for the weekend (including our Pi Day party which had to be postponed because of a church activity last night).
The real highlight of this week (besides the amazing weather) is that Ani is becoming so much more interactive and fun. She’s awake for longer stretches of time and starting to laugh. Here, let me bore you with a little video of her giggling, like the mommyblogger I am:
On a much more depressing note, you’ve likely heard that Google Reader is going away in July. I’ve been using Google Reader since December of 2005 and now I’m scrambling to find a replacement. Anyone have suggestions? I’d like something that’s not too visual (like Flipboard, which I already use for a few blogs but I don’t find that it works well for my regular blog reading), and that has keyboard shortcuts. I am seriously distraught over losing my beloved Google Reader.
And thank you for reading a couple of sponsored posts this week – I don’t tend to do many of them, but some bad scheduling on my part clumped three of them together in less than a week. The last one is scheduled for next week and then it’ll be back to exciting. . .whatever is exciting around here. Probably vegan recipes and YA books.
A few posts elsewhere:
- Life as a Little Sister (poor Ani)
- Baby Book Club – books, activities, and snacks about colors
- An Ice Cream Social Baby Shower (this was the baby shower my friends had for me before Ani was born)
- Black and White Food (I’m dying to throw a black and white party now)
- A St. Patrick’s Day Paper Rainbow
- Chicken and Lime Soup with Rice (I made this twice this week. It’s delicious)
- 12 Healthy (or healthy-ish) Cookie Recipes