Wondering about the Gabb Watch? We have both the Gabb Wireless Phone and the Gabb Wireless Watch and they’re both terrific. Read on for my full review! (P.S. My coupon code for 25% off either the phone or the watch is JANSSEN)
Earlier this year, we got a Gabb Wireless phone.
It wasn’t for one of our girls specifically, but functioned instead as a family phone.
We were super happy with it – it was a great internet-free phone that made it easy for the girls to get in touch with us – but it wasn’t very convenient for them to take with them.
Enter the Gabb Wireless Watch.
It just came out recently and I COULD NOT be more impressed (the code JANSSEN takes 25% off the phone or watch).
Here’s why I love the Gabb Wireless Watch:
An Unpaid Review of the Gabb Wireless Watch
- It has its own phone number. This means you don’t need a phone to connect it to. It’s a fully stand-alone watch. (The plan for the Gabb Wireless watch is between $9.99 and $16.99/month depending on if you want a contract or not).
- You can set the numbers your child can send or receive calls or texts from. If it’s not on the approved list, no messages are going in or out. No worries about spam calls/texts or people you don’t want them communicating with.
- There is a bank of texts and emojis they can send. I can text them whatever I want, but they can only respond with the list of pre-approved texts.
- They can send voice texts. This is basically my girls’ favorite thing. They love to send me voice texts!
- Because it’s a watch, it’s much easier for them to take with them. No big pockets or backpack or purse required. Just strap it on and go!
- It has a GPS. If one of my girls is going to a friend’s house in the neighborhood, it’s nice to be able to make sure they got there or that they’re on the way home. You can also set “safe zones” and receive alerts when you child goes in or out of those zones – say if they walk to school or go to soccer practice or whatever.
- You can turn on Lock Mode so they don’t use it at times they aren’t supposed to.
- It’s 100% resistant to sand and dirt and also can handle being underwater for up to 30 minutes under 1 meter of water.
Basically, I could not be more impressed with it – it’s such a simple solution that makes it easy for my girls to get ahold of me but doesn’t have the parts of smart devices I’m not ready to deal with yet.
You can use my code JANSSEN for 25% off.
Do you have questions about the Gabb Wireless Watch? I’m happy to answer!
If you liked this post about the Gabb wireless watch, you might like these posts too:
- All about the Yoto Player
- The Kids News Podcast we’ve been loving
- Tips for reducing your kids screen time