1. Long Party Candles ($2.50 for 12) – I love these alternatives to standard birthday candles. They come in a whole host of colors and ship for free. If I were attending a favorite things party this year (missing the annual Texas one. . . ), this is what I would take. I guess I’ll just have to order some for myself instead.
2. Sidewalk Chalk ($1.99 for a 24 pack) – My girls are sidewalk chalk fiends (Ella draws with it, Ani tries to eat it). We can never have enough of it.
3. Tulle Skirt for Little Girls ($4.00) – I’m sorry, but this is darling. It also comes in pink and white, but the gold is my favorite.
4. Initial Hankies ($4.99 for 3) – These are listed as being for men, but I think they’d be a great gift for a woman too.
5. Keychain Measuring Tape ($3.49) – Top of my list for an inexpensive gift for men. Or for me.
6. Hand-crank Flashlight ($4.99) – Doesn’t need batteries. Enough said. (Okay, one more thing. How great is that red color?)
7. Plaid and Polka Dot Hairbows ($1.80 for 2) – I know it looks like a bowtie. But it’s actually a hairbow. Next time I’m in Forever 21, I’m totally picking a set of these up.
8. Citrus Reamer ($3.95) – My juicer is tiny and inefficient, and this is also much cuter.
9. Coarse Kosher Salt ($1.00) – All recipes are salted something or other, so some coarse salt is always useful. I have a huge box of the Morton variety in my pantry, but you can also get fancy with pink sea salt and whatever from the bulk section of most grocery stores.
10. Earphone Winder ($4.95) – How cool are these? Cannot tell you how many times I am irritated by my headphones ending up in a giant wad of knots. And I love the cute colors.
11. Twig Pencils ($3.99 for 12) – I am not at ALL artistic (seriously, I can hardly draw a straight line), but I love these so much. Just using them to write a grocery list would make me happy.
12. Headband ($3.80) – I like that this one has wire in it to help keep its form and also so it’s not slipping off your head all the time. I think I’m finally ready to jump on the headband train.
13. Map Tacks ($5 for 100) – Am I the only one who loves push pins? I have tons of them.
14. Lunch Box ($2.48) – I think a lunchbox is the most useful thing ever (and a great way to avoid waste). Next time I’m at World Market, I’m picking up two or three of these for family outings.
15. Memo Clips ($0.95) – A cute way to display pictures on a bookshelf or hold cards or notes on your desk. Not that the post-its-all-around-your-monitor look isn’t a good one.
16. Stamp Pens ($3.99 for 6) – Looking at these makes me desperately miss having an IKEA 10 minutes away.
17. Patterned Paper Straws ($4.00 for 25) – My mom bought me a couple of sets of these for my birthday and they just make EVERYTHING look darling.
18. Chalkboard Labels ($3.99 for 6) – I’ll admit that I don’t much care for chalkboard (because chalk gives me the creeps), but I know I’m alone in this. These are a fun way to label containers, gifts, and drinks.
19. Knit Beret ($5.00) – This year, I’ve really started warming up to hats. It’s time to start wearing some winter ones.
20. Mini Cheese Slicers ($1.48 for 3) – This makes me want to have a cheese party. But then, what DOESN’T make me want to have a cheese party? (Actually, why share? I’ll just sit alone in my kitchen and eat all the cheese).
And now go check out Kayla’s list for the other 20 suggestions!