It’s seems funny to me that Friday is still one of my favorite days of the week.
When you have a bunch of small children at home, it’s not like Friday is all that different.
But somehow, Friday still has that special Friday feeling.
I wake up feeling all light-hearted, and while Monday is my most productive day, Friday is the day where I feel justified in sneaking in a little extra time with my own reading, browsing ThredUp, and having a little Friday movie night dessert.
On this particular Friday, I have big plans including:
- Painting my nails. I got some new Zoya nail polish this week, and I’m planning to try out Eastyn.
- Cleaning the girls’ bathroom. Yes, I do know how to party it up on a Friday morning.
- Watering my garden. I’ve had big gardening dreams for a long time, and now that I finally have some garden boxes, I’m loving getting to plant some things and watching them come up. I have especially high hopes for my butterfly gladiolas that have sprouted this week. (Although, I just realized the forecast calls for rain, so maybe I’ll just leave the water up to Mother Nature).
- Straightening up my office. My office currently looks so ridiculously bad. There are ten thousand piles of papers on my desk, and there is our assembled kitchen chandelier sitting on the floor waiting for Bart to hang it, plus the enormous box it came in. Plus piles of books on the floor that I need to take photos of, a million miscellaneous things my girls have dragged in (including, I just noticed, Ani’s dance leotard. . . ). I really like to get it looking better on Friday afternoon so that it doesn’t look horrible all weekend and so that on Monday, I actually can do some work instead of closing my eyes and putting my head down on my desk.
- Reading Emma. My book club read this for last week’s meeting and I haven’t finished it, but I’m loving it so much. How have I never read it before? My Kindle copy is much less darling than this BabyLit version, unfortunately. I’m also now dying to rewatch the new BBC version (my in-laws, connoisseurs of all things British lit, introduced us to it a few years ago).
- Grocery shopping. The first few years that Bart and I were married, I would always ask him to come grocery shopping with me because going by myself was SO BORING. Now the idea of grocery shopping by myself is basically like heaven. Sadly, I’m fairly certain that grocery shopping alone will NOT be on the agenda today. I find going to the grocery store such a drag now that I postpone as long as humanly possible, until Bart says, “Should I just go grocery shopping” and then I go because I buy way less fun food when I go than he does. This is probably his secret weapon for convincing me to go.
- Requesting library books. This is one of my favorite late night or quiet time activities. I look through all sorts of different lists and my screenshots from Instagram and go until I’ve maxed out all my library cards. At least it’s cheaper than shopping.
- Visiting the pet store. One of my friends suggested we meet up today, and I’m pretty sure all three of my girls will lose their minds when they see the dogs. Star, especially, cannot contain herself when she sees animals – she’s careful, but not afraid, and loves to gently pet them.
- Eating Easter chocolate. I don’t really eat candy or dessert during the week, so when Friday quiet time rolls around, I usually pull out some hidden chocolate. There’s still a bag hidden in our closet (I think there are jelly beans in there too, but. . . I don’t eat non-chocolate candy unless it is a mega emergency).
What’s on your Friday agenda? I hope it’s coming over to clean my girls’ bathroom.
I loved this post! There is nothing better than starting out my Friday with a few good chuckles. And watching Emma sounds like a great plan. Might have to make it my Friday night viewing, too.
Paige Flamm says
Haha I feel the same way about eating non-chocolate candy! Also, I've heard really good things about Zoya nail polish… I'll have to pick up a bottle soon!
Kayla FrecklesinApril says
Dealing with a sick kid 🙁 And taking another kid to her well check which will likely include shots 🙁
Feisty Harriet says
I really really don't like my library branch. Their selection is super "meh" and the inside is one of the most sad and depressing bookish places I've ever been. I do love the request feature, however. I request all the things, go in and drop off, pick up, and am out of that very sad place in under 5 minutes.
This is a horrible opinion to have about a library, but it feels dark and musty and old and dirty inside. And I just…no. No, no, no.
It's my spring break still, so … Going shooting with the hubs, I tore apart my duvet cover yesterday so I can attempt to sew it to my down comforter (I got tired of taking it off and putting it back on to wash it, and the conferred doesn't quite fit so it shifts around in there), and when that fails, I may be shopping for new bedding later this afternoon ? And I have a few months of Real Simple magazine to catch up on. If I'm feeling extra adult-ish I might throw in some laundry!! Woo! Happy Friday!
I know what you mean! I love Fridays too! And yes, requesting books from the library is so fun! It's like shopping for free! I always seem to do it on my iPad with one browser window opened to your blog and the other the library!
I'm taking my son to get a haircut, going to Target, and then hopefully chilling the rest of the day… It's been a busy week showing my in-laws around Oahu, our home right now.
Travellin' Penguin says
Yes Fridays are fun. Even though retired I still treat weekends like I did when working. I hope those pets in petstores are from welfare agencies and not puppy mills. Maybe your children would like to visit a humane association sometime. Much better message. Enjoy your weekend.
Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan says
Japan time is 8 pm on Saturday.
Always thanks to a nice message.
It is covered in Japanese cherry tree.
Welcome to Okayama, the Land of Sunshine! https://ryoma2sakamoto.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/welcome-to-okayama-the-land-of-sunshine/
Julia Manfredi-Hobbs says
I laughed out loud at the "Grocery shopping" thing. It is as if I had written it. We used to go together, but now I go alone (no kids allowed!)… and I put it off for as long as possible, until there is basically nothing but water and ketchup in the fridge. But I won't allow my hubby to go. He spends 3 times more and buys a ton of snacks. LOL
Haha. I sometimes have mega candy emergencies too.
Monica Packer says
Love that list! Fridays really are the best. And I often eat the jelly beans as a pre-dessert dessert, because if it's not chocolate then it's not really dessert.