- Isn’t it fantastic to get home after vacation? Ella fell asleep on the way home from the airport and I tried to put her in her crib to continue the nap, but she was SO excited to see all her own things that she wouldn’t settle back down. Little girl, I feel the same way. Especially about my own soft bed and perfect pillow (you know, the expensive one from Target (and by expensive, I mean $4)).
- Also, I love not living out of a suitcase.
- My child makes a very cute lamb. I’ll probably stuff her into this costume every Christmas until she’s ten. Poor kid.
- Right before we left on vacation, Ella snapped the arm of my glasses off. Blah. After I was done being peeved, I ordered a new pair online for all of $10. I love the internet. (This is the pair I got). They arrived while we were gone, and I’m loving them. Bart loves them too, which, frankly, surprised me.
- At Bart’s office Christmas party, we won a Kindle. (It turns out, he’d ordered me one for Christmas, so we had to return that one). I’ve been really liking it so far. Having it before we left was ideal, since I only had to take a single book with me and I could keep getting new ones from the library while we were gone.
- I have not gone grocery shopping since we returned. We have eaten a lot of pancakes since we got home.
- And, over the weekend, Kayla revamped my blog, including a new header and a much cleaner, more stream-lined look. And finally an About Me page that isn’t the length of a short novel. I am so in love with it – I keep having to go look at it again. I’ve probably single-handedly doubled my traffic over the weekend. How pathetic.