My parents and my brother, Crawford, came to visit this past weekend. My dad was lecturing in Dallas and by luck, my brother had Thursday and Friday off of school.
I won’t bore you with the details except the ones relating to food so that when you come to visit me, you can tell me which of these places you want to go too:
- Tejis, the best Indian food in all the land (even Crawford, who was mega dubious, loved it and talked about it all evening).
- Hopdoddy for burgers. It was as good as we’d been promised.
- Amy’s Ice Cream (I mention this mainly to make Kelly jealous)
- Pita Fusion (Bart’s favorite lunch place ever)
- Gourdoughs (three doughnuts versus six adults and one child. The doughnuts won).
|Ella made a good-faith effort on the Black Out Doughnut|
I lied. I’ll make you suffer through some other stuff we did too:
|Ella thinks she might be a bat (@ Book People)|
- Book People
- O. Henry’s house
- Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Shopping at the Domain
- Nadeau (a furniture store recommended by Bethany. She was not wrong about how fun it was).
- Four million games of Dominion none of which I won. What a conspiracy.
Not bad for a 48 hour trip, I’d say.
Also, if you come to visit, I will let Ella welcome you the same way she welcomed my family – by screaming all the way home from the airport. It was pretty much the best car ride of Crawford’s life.