This will be our eighth Christmas together since we got married and the first time we’ve ever stayed at our own home.
I cannot tell you how excited I am about getting to do the whole Christmas thing on our own, especially now that Ella is really into the concept.
One of the projects I’ve worked on quite a bit over the last couple of weeks is getting together a collection of Christmas books and wrapping them all so that Ella can open one each day until Christmas.
Also, reading to a toddler is an activity I can do while holding a newborn, so that makes it very appealing this year.
We own a few of these titles and then the rest I checked out from the library (which is, admittedly, a bit risky what with the possibility of other people requesting them, forcing me to either pay fines or unwrap a bunch of presents – I did write the names of each book on the back of the wrapping paper so I can find ones as needed).
And thanks to having a
few more books in our Christmas collection than I’d remembered, I
started a couple of days early, just so it wasn’t EVERYTHING starting on Dec 1st. I put one book under the tree each night and Ella opens it in the morning. It’s fun to start the day snuggling together in our bed with a new book.
I’ll probably buy copies of the ones we like best this year and continue to grow our collection over the years, swapping in a few new titles every year to keep things fresh.
Anyway, here are the 25 books under our tree this year:
- The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood and Renata Liwska
- Toot and Puddles: Let it Snow by Holly Hobbie
- Albert and the Angels by Leslie Norris and Mordicai Gerstein
- A Creature was Stirring by Clement Clarke Moore and Carter Goodrich
- Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by James Dean and Eric Litwin
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson and Laura Cornell
- One Starry Night by Lauren Thompson
- Mouse’s First Christmas by Lauren Thompson and Buket Erdogan
- Millie in the Snow by Alexander Steffensmeier
- Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner
- Oliver and Amanda’s Christmas Jean Van Leeuwenand Ann Schweninger
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
- Dream Snow by Eric Carle
- Christmas in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Renee Graef
- Song of the Stars by Sally Lloyd-Jones and Alison Jay
- Inside Outside Christmas by Robin Spowart
- Room for a Little One by Martin Waddell and Jason Cockcroft
- Toot and Puddles: I’ll Be Home for Christmas by Holly Hobbie
- Reindeer Christmas by Mark Kimball Moulton and Karen Hillard Good
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by Robert Barry
- Santa Mouse by Michael Brown
- Listen to the Silent Night by Dandi Daley Mackall, Lou Fancher, and Steve Johnson
- Mortimer’s Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
- Fletcher and the Snowflake Christmas by Julia Rawlinson and Tiphanie Beeke
- On This Special Night by Claire Freedman and Simon Mendez