To be honest, we don’t really do Valentine’s Day gifts at our house. Wasn’t Christmas just five minutes ago?
But I never get tired of looking for fun gift ideas that don’t cost much and if I was getting a few small gifts for friends. I have no suggestions for men because I think they are basically impossible to buy for. Or maybe I’m just a very poor gift giver (the second option is the truth).
1. Wood Magnets ($4.99) – I have almost no magnets now, because I threw away every free or ugly one we had which. . .turned out to be almost all of them. I love this simple, modern set.
2. Bumkins Baby Bibs ($4.95) – I have used MANY bibs in the last five years, but after I got these Bumkins waterproof bibs, I got rid of every other bib we owned. These ones don’t stain, they’re super thin and light, and you can just rinse them off in the sink and they’re ready for another round. They are seriously amazing.
3. Han & Leia Love ($5) – I have a small print of this that I love (Star Wars nerd over here), but a big engineering print of this would be just the ticket for Valentine’s Day.
4. Textured Dip Bowls ($5) – I used to have a set of tiny latte bowls from Anthropologie and they got recruited ALL the time for snacks, meal toppings, and tiny ingredients, but they got lost in one of our moves. I need a replacement set and these ones are just DARLING (they also sell these ones from $2.99).
5. Mercury Grid Vase ($4.99) – I need more small vases (since my current count is zero) to put little bouquets of flowers in, and this one is a fun, modern version.
6. RawSpiceBar subscription ($6/month) – I love subscriptions, and this one is the perfect thing for a foodie. Every month you get three spices from some region (US and International) and recipes to use them in. I haven’t used all them, but the ones we have used have been incredible (the Ethiopian crockpot beef stew was especially amazing – I had enough spices to make it twice and I loved it). It’s usually $6 a month, but I emailed them and asked if I could get a discount code and they agreed, so you can use the code “flavordelivered” for 50% off the first month. It’s such a fun gift and I love getting mine every month.
7. Leaf Hair Pins ($4.99) – These are a little fun thing to tuck into your braid or ponytail to upgrade a regular hair day.
8. Colored Tulip Baking Cups ($5.49) – I discovered tulip baking cups last fall and I never want to use a regular muffin liner again. I usually just cut my own, but then they aren’t bright colors and special.
9. Harrowgate Lemon Curd ($4.99) – I love lemon curd – it’s a little bit unexpected, but it’s so useful for spreading on toast or muffins, topping ice cream, or stirring into yogurt. Or, just make your own; it’s super easy and impressive.
P.S. Plenty more $5 or less gift ideas here!