I love the change of seasons, especially the switch from summer to fall. This may possibly be influenced by having a fall birthday. Possibly.
Right now, I’m prepping for a low-key homeschool pre-K with Ella, so most of my shopping is of the scholastic variety. But, obviously, shopping, even pretend shopping, for myself is more fun. Here’s a few things I have my eye on.
- Crown Vintage Alice Oxford. I totally love these shoes (and all the Oxford-style shoes out there). This is highest on my to-buy list. My birthday money will be diverted this way very soon, I can tell. Perfect fall/winter everyday shoe. And I’m an everyday kind of person.
- Mint Earrings. I’m tired of all my earrings. I’m in the mood for colorful big earrings (of course, this is in a alternate-life where Ani wouldn’t immediately rip them straight out of my earlobes).
- Sweatshirt Top. I like comfortable clothing as much as the next person, but I draw the line at comfortable clothing that looks horrendous (say no to harem pants (sorry, Grace)). I was browsing Sammydress for a partnership I’m doing with them and I was all, “sweatshirt that doesn’t look like you bought it Walmart for $5. Sold.” (It’s still only $7, though, so it’s not like you’re breaking the bank to wear a sweatshirt). (This paragraph has too many parentheses).
- Asymmetrical Zip Leather Jacket. We went grocery shopping last week and Ella kept saying, “Mom, you forgot to bring my sweater!” I thought, “It’s AUGUST! I shouldn’t have to bring a sweater.” Seriously, unseasonably cool right now. Bring on the jackets.
- Polka-Dot Dress. In my imaginary life where I’m not nursing five times a day and dresses are actually a reasonable wardrobe choice, I’d buy this polka dot dress (I seem to be really into polka-dots lately, if my Pinterest style board is any indication). Actually, this one is on sale, so I might just go ahead and buy it, knowing I won’t be nursing for tooooo many more months. Plus, it’s a nice cross between summery and fall-appropriate.
- Bright World Map. I love maps, but it is HARD to find a world map that I like. And I want a really giant one for the hallway. I wish this one came in bigger sizes.