So, it is indeed a Donut Friday. And behold, the office rejoiced. The donut store near our office is so fantastic that it ran the Krispy Kreme (located about two miles from this donut store) out of business. Yes, how I love donuts. But I do not love other foods. I don’t consider myself picky; I’m willing to try other foods, but there are some standard foods that I feel great distaste for:
– Nuts. I realize that to many people, this is down-right absurd (my mother is one of these people). I work with a lady who often brings in a little can of mixed nuts and raves about them. How is that possible? I do l like pecans, but that’s about it. I like the flavor of almonds and peanuts, but their texture (especially almonds) is really unappealing to me.
– Beans. I like green beans just fine, but I don’t like kidney/pinto/black beans. They’re just so weird and mushy and also not very excellent tasting. So yeah, pass.
– Pickles. Sometimes a nice pickle spear is just the right thing, but mostly I don’t care for pickles on my hamburger; I’m always bugged when I forget to ask them to not put them on. They are so slippery.
– Peppers. I will eat fresh sliced peppers (yes, I know that’s weird; every co-worker I’ve had has mocked me for it, so I recognize that it’s weird), but I absolutely despise cooked peppers.
– Lamb. I find the texture and the taste to be just way too much. Also, tough.
– Eggs. About once every two years, I’ll suddenly really want a nice scrambled egg with tomatoes, cheese, onions, and spices. But, other than that, eggs don’t appeal to me at all. Bart loves eggs and eats them in some form at least once a week. That is completely incomprehensible to me.
– Bread. This is the other one that makes my mom suspect I was swapped at the hospital. I am not really tempted by most rolls, breadsticks, or toast. It’s not that I don’t like the IDEA of bread; it’s more that most rolls, etc are not carried out well. Too dry, hard, tough, etc. Yuck.
What common foods do you turn up your nose at? Do you consider yourself picky? Because, incredibly, after that list, I still consider myself a very fine eater indeed.