Bart has been in Florida for the last two weeks, finally returning home to me on Friday evening. Here are some signs that he’s home:
- my cell phone doesn’t need to be charged daily
- the dishes magically do themselves
- I eat something besides cereal for dinner
- My voice isn’t thick from lack of use all afternoon and evening once I get home from school
- The laundry is done!
- I don’t have to convince myself that there are no monsters in the apartment when I’m falling asleep
- I have to share the bathroom sink when I get ready in the morning
- Lunches get magically made and are ready when I leave for work
- When I watch movies on the couch, someone rubs my feet
Who wouldn’t be glad he’s home?