One week of summer vacation down! And we’ve been taking advantage of it by heading to Utah for a week with Bart’s family (including three back-to-back family reunions. Bart’s brother-in-law refers to this as the Family Reunion Triathlon and calls us the Iron Family).
I’ve mostly been away from my phone and computer this week since we haven’t had any service at all up at Bart’s family’s cabin in Logan, but I wanted to share a couple of things I’ve been loving this week:
- Mirrored aviator sunglasses. I have three pairs of sunglasses that I rotate regularly through but in the last month or two, the mirrored aviators have been my very favorite. They just feel so summery and light and they go with everything. I bought mine at a close-out sale earlier this spring, so the exact ones aren’t available anymore, but these ones are almost exactly the same and cost $12 so . . . I might order another pair in the silver.
- Raspberry and dark chocolate s’mores. We had a big fire pit up at Bart’s family’s cabin the other night and there were no plans to do s’mores. Since s’mores are basically one of my favorite things on earth, Bart and I went down to the local grocery store and loaded up on all our favorite items for s’mores and we had a huge s’more party after dinner. We had tons of great combos, with Reese’s peanut butter cups, regular and dark chocolate, Andes mints, regular graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, Caramel delite cookies, and Thin Mints, plus strawberries, raspberries, and bananas. But, the very best were the chocolate graham crackers with raspberries, dark chocolate, and marshmallows. Seriously, they were amazing.
- You’re the Avocado to My Toast t-shirt. I got a bunch of questions about this shirt after it showed up in this post. I ordered it from Hyperbiotics with some store credit I had after I did this post with them, and I LOVE it. I’ve worn it every week since it arrived, and although I’m generally not a huge fan of graphic tees, this one is just the perfect fit and color. It’s thick enough that I don’t have to wear anything underneath, but thin enough to be really comfortable in the summer months. I ordered an XS in navy.
- My Lady Jane. I’m listening to this for my July pick for Tell Me What to Read and I can’t get over how much I LOVE it. I was already a massive fan of the narrator (Katherine Kellgren) and this completely ridiculous version of Lady Jane Gray is hilarious. Full review coming once I finish it, but it’s killing me that I didn’t finish it in time to put it in the Summer Reading Guide. Definitely worth listening to (and if you sign up for a free 30-day Audible trial, you can get 2 free audiobooks, instead of the regular one).
- Wackee Six. When I was in college, my roommates and I played Nerts NON-STOP. I remember so many winter afternoons in the dorms with one of my roommates waiting for the other two to return so we could spend an hour playing on the floor between our beds. Now the only time I really get to play is when we’re with Bart’s cousins because several of them love to play. We use the Wackee Six version which is really similar but has the whole set of cards in correct colors and slightly different rules. I’m pretty sure we played at least 50 rounds this week and Ella learned to play too, so maybe I’ll get to play a little more at home now. Plus, it’s basically like exercise because my heart rate gets up so high when we play.