New favorite muffins in the whole wide world which I’ve made two weeks in a row and which we’ve eaten every day for breakfast. I will be making another batch tonight for this coming week. And we shall all rejoice.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats blended in blender or food processor until more like flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat (2 percent) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan. In a bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ/oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, mash bananas with a fork (you should have 3/4 cup); stir in milk and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed gently, 25 to 28 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer muffins to a rack to cool 10 minutes more.
From Everyday Food, pretty much my favorite recipe source of all time