If there are five things to know about Ani at five months:
- She HATES it when you eat in front of her. She’ll stare at your food and watch the utensils go back and forth between the plate and your mouth. We’ve started trying her on a few tastes of various foods and she’s not quite sure what to think about it yet.
- She went on 8 airplane flights this month (this says more about how we fly Southwest (aka, no direct flights anywhere we fly) than how much traveling we actually did) and was really great on 7 of them. Bart finally got her to fall asleep on the eighth one, but it was kind of a scream-y time before that happened.
- She is really ticklish and laughs uncontrollably almost every time I get her dressed (it’s the having her arms put through sleeves that gets her every time).
- She no longer is swaddled when she sleeps. It became obvious that she was sleeping worse because she was so obsessed with getting her arms out.
- She got sick for the first time (it only lasted about a day, fortunately), and seeing her feverish and listless just about broke my heart.
(But you might also like to know that we are all just head over heels in love with her – at this point, I can’t even imagine her not being in our family).