For My Mom

December 5, 2007
I am DANG excited for Christmas this year. I’m excited to see my family and Bart’s family. I am not, however, excited for cold. Or the cold. Or the cold.

But hey, it’ll be worth it. I’m so very excited to see all of our cute nieces and nephews. I’m excited to go see some movies with my family and go to the bookstore with my mom. I’m excited to see friends we haven’t seen in a year or two. I’m excited about having glorious time to lay around and read (as usual, I will probably take about twice as many books as I could actually read in that time. And I will like it).

But, despite the fact that we will be gone for Christmas (with vigilant friends and neighbors watching our house! Friends with firearms and attack dogs!!!) we have not neglected our house. It is very festive and lovely.

Have a peek:

Christmas

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

• Reply chloe elizabeth December 6, 2007 at 6:31 am

It is very festive and even lovelier!!! It’s fun that I can picture it!

• Reply Miriam Higginson December 6, 2007 at 12:01 pm

Now I see what you meant about taking out an eye on the stocking holders! Beautiful, but yea, not good with a kid! Fun and beautiful decorations, I really need to get ours out!!

• Reply Noelle December 6, 2007 at 1:04 pm

The fancy stocking holders with the beautiful garland behind is probably my favorite part. It all looks so classy! Oh how I wish I had a fireplace with a mantle to do some fun decorating! (I love the ornament from London, so fun!)

• Reply Kristi December 6, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Intruders beware! Me and my two viscious attack dogs (Swiper and Boots) and sawed off shot gun will be patrolling the property. Don’t mess.

You don’t think I’m serious? You should have seen what the dogs did to a roll of toilet patter this morning. They could tear a person to smitherines, undoubtedly.

• Reply Sheyenne December 6, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Hey Janssen, looks good! I have similar stocking holders,(they spell JOY though) and one of my kids (can’t remember which) pulled on their stocking too hard and got beaned in the head last year. Very painful.
    And now I think I may copy your idea and post some of my favorite ornaments on my blog. All ours are sentimental in some way and I want to have record! Especially since Roman has broken 4 already this year.

• Reply Unnaturally Blonde December 6, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Watch dogs are always a good idea when you are out of town! Way to go! Your house is very festive indeed, and I have to compliment those beautiful black and whites on your wall, I love that idea!

• Reply RA December 6, 2007 at 4:22 pm

It’s cool that you’re decorating even though you won’t be at home for the actual holiday. At least you can enjoy all of the decor this month, though, right?

I know you said that you and Bart aren’t getting each other gifts before Christmas, but do you at least do stockings? Or are they just for show? πŸ™‚

• Reply TheMoncurs December 6, 2007 at 5:01 pm

I love the garland on your mantle! I have a massive mirror set up on ours so there really isn’t room for anything else up there. Maybe next year I’ll move the mirror so I can put some fun greenery up there instead!

• Reply Sammy December 6, 2007 at 5:36 pm

I love your decorations!
    Will you post a pic or send me one of your other wall with the big black and white photos?
    I LOVE the black and white look and I get so jealous when someone has figured out a cool way to do it! Gracias!

• Reply -R- December 6, 2007 at 5:47 pm

I love your fireplace! I may take some pictures of our decorations tonight. I love Christmas decorations!

• Reply janet December 6, 2007 at 5:54 pm

oh the cuteness!

(I have done ZERO decorating…oopsie!)

• Reply Le Petit Chic December 6, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Okay, first, all of your pictures are gorgeous! Were those some of those shots engagement photos? So pretty! And I love your mantle…so festive πŸ™‚

• Reply Mary December 6, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Beautiful home! It looks like Christmas!

• Reply Nina G December 7, 2007 at 1:35 am

Thank you for posting these, sweetie. So lovely!! I have two ornaments on our tree.